Fancy Frocks Top Tips
Make sure you set aside plenty of time to ensure that shopping for your outfits is relaxed, fun and most of all successful.
A few things to remember, underwear is greatly important as this can make a huge difference.
Initially try not to focus too much on colours when deciding Mother of the Bride/Groom, as style is much more important and is what will make you feel amazing on your special day.
The Jewellery, shoes and handbags you decide on should complement your outfit, so along with the advice and assistance of the Fancy Frocks team you can instantly complete your full Mother of the Bride/Groom or special occasion attire with all your accessories from one visit to the store.
We stock a fabulous choice of styles and colours; Hats, Hatinators and Fascinators which can make an astonishing difference when completing the wedding outfit. So your dresser will encourage for you to try on when choosing your outfit in order to get the perfect match, as we feel all accessories are just as important as the outfit.
Buying your shoes when choosing your outfit is also of great importance, this ensures that you get the right colour match saving you time and effort. If your self and advisor on the day do not feel like we have the perfect complement of colour for your chosen outfit, we provide a two week dying service from one of the shoe designer we stock in store.
We also advise you start breaking in your shoes in the comfort of your own home, which will save your feet on your special day.
Designer to Designer can vary considerably in sizes, so please do not be put off by this, as part of your stress free shopping experience, we can also arrange and point you in the right direction for an experience fitter to take care of any nips and tucks you may require.
Important points to bear in mind regarding alterations
- There is a charge for alterations and price is dependent on what is required
- Your fittings can take place: Tuesday-Friday 10am-4:30pm. Appointments are always advisable to avoid disappointments at busy times.
- Always ensure you have the correct undergarments and shoes with you when having your initial and further fitting to ensure the correct fit. Shoes can have a great impact on lengths of garments
- We feel it is better to have your fits 2-3 weeks prior to your special occasion as most ladies are trying to lose the last couple of pounds, so you can be assured you will have the perfect fit.
- We would always advise for you to try on your outfit on collection, for all parties piece of mind then further appointments will not be necessary – taking up more of your precious time.
- Saturday appointments are available with a little advance notice